Friday, March 25, 2011

Safe To Eat Cookie Dough Truffles

Hi everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since the sisters have updated! I (Casey) have been out of town for couple of weeks. As for sis number 1... I really don't know. She'll have to make up an excuse. I've had my eye on this recipe for quite some time and I had a cookie dough craving last night (random, I know) so this was the perfect time to make them! I'm not sure how, but these taste EXACTLY like cookie dough, texture and everything. The safe to eat part of this recipe just means there are no eggs in the dough. Even though eggs have never stopped me from eating cookie dough before, I thought this was probably better for me to eat a bowl of :) Enough rambling, here's what you need for the delicious cookie dough truffles
Butter, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, pecans, and bark chocolate. First, combine butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl
Beat until well combined. Add half the flour
Pour in the sweetened condensed milk
Beat that together until fully combined. Add the remaining flour
Blend in the flour until dough is well combined and smooth. Add in chopped pecans and chocolate chips (I used milk and semi-sweet)
Fold the chocolate chips and pecans into the dough
Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop dough into balls. Place dough balls on a plate, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours
After the dough balls have been chilled, melt bark chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. Drop a dough ball one at a time into the melted chocolate. Gently roll until covered
I haven't quiet mastered the prettiness of making a truffle, so I don't have much advice. But what I do is scoop the ball up with a fork and tap it on the edge of the bowl (letting the axis chocolate fall off). Then place on wax paper to let the chocolate harden. Chill about another hour before serving
Now eat as much as your heart desires :)


Cookie Dough Truffles
2 sticks butter, soft
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
White or milk bark chocolate- for coating

In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Beat in half the flour. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until creamy. Mix in the remaining flour. Add chocolate chips and pecans, mixing well. Shape/scoop into 1-inch balls. Place on a plate; chill 2 hours. Melt chocolate bark candy coating in a microwave safe bowl. Using a fork, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Keep in fridge. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment