Wednesday, February 15, 2012

White Chocolate Chess Squares

I always make really girly desserts, but when this time of year rolls around (V-day), I make more than usual. My reasoning behind this, there are lots of single girls who want a boyfriend and are depressed so they eat lots of sugar in hopes that their sad feelings will go away. Anyways, I know girls like dessert more than ever around this day, so I make extra girly things. One thing among the many are white chocolate butter bars, AKA: White Chocolate Chess Cake Squares, Gooey Butter Cake, etc. I'm sure you've tried this wonderful dessert, or at least have heard of it. I first saw it a few years back when I was watching a Paula Deen episode. I made them as soon as the credits came on. They have been a go-to dessert since. The only difference in these and regular chess squares is that I added white chocolate chips. You can leave them out, but I love me some white chocolate. Here's what you need
Butter, cream cheese, vanilla, eggs, yellow cake mix, white chocolate chips, and powdered sugar. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and softened butter
Add an egg and vanilla
Mix together until dough forms
Scoop into a greased 9x13 pan. Press down to cover the bottom of the pan evenly
Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips over the bottom layer
In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy
 Add vanilla, melted butter, and eggs; beat until completely mixed (I would show you this step, but the eggs just make it not very pretty). Anyways, pour the batter over the white chocolate chips
Bake. Cool. Cut. Serve
 Store left-overs in the fridge


White Chocolate Chess Cake Squares
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix and butter until well combined. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Press dough into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the dough; set aside. 

filling:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter, melted

Using a mixer, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and melted butter; mix well. Pour evenly over the white chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-50 minutes. The center should be a little gooey. Cool, cut, and serve. Store left-overs in the fridge up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment