Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Nutella Day!

I know what you're thinking, and yes, I celebrate World Nutella Day. Since today is Nutella Day I thought I should make something Nutella-ish. So I decided to make a cake! Don't worry all you nutella lovers, nutella day isn't the only day I will be making nutella foods, I assure you there are many more to come. While I was looking for a good recipe to make, I stumbled upon a few so I have some more bookmarked, so I guess I have to make those pretty soon :) Here's what you need for the nutella swirl cake
Sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, butter, vanilla, milk, oil, and eggs. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt stirring until combined. 
Add butter, vanilla, oil, and milk
Mix until well combined, then beat in the eggs. 
Now in a smaller seperate bowl, you'll need to make the nutella swirl.
All you need is nutella and an egg
mix that together until well combined. Add 1/3 of the cake batter to the nutella mixture
Stir together until well combined
Set aside. Grease a bundt pan until well covered. Pour the all yellow batter into the bundt pan
Then pour the nutella mixture over the cake batter
Using a butter knife, swirl the nutella batter into the yellow batter carefully
Bake the bundt!
Flip out onto a wax paper lined wire rack right away to cool
When the cake was cooled, I frosted it with nutella frosting
Next time I wouldn't use the nutella frosting. I would put nutella straight out of the jar onto the cake or do a nutella glaze. The frosting was good, but it didn't have much of a nutella flavor. Here's the swirly inside!

and again
Nutella Swirl Cake
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 stick butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs 



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray until well coated. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, oil, butter, and vanilla until well combined. Mix in eggs, mixing on medium for about 30 seconds. Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Set aside and make the nutella swirl. 


Nutella swirl:
1 cup nutella
1 egg


In a medium bowl, beat together the nutella and egg untill well combined. Add the remaining 1/3 of the cake batter to the nutella mixture and fold together until combined. Pour over the other batter in the pan. Using a butter knife, swirl the nutella mixture into the yellow cake batter. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Line a wire rack with wax or parchment paper. Place the wax/parchment paper side on the cake. Holding the bundt pan and wire rack, flip the cake out onto the rack. Let cool completely. Transfer to a plate and frost with nutella!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, that cake sounds so good. What a great idea to use Nutella in it for that nice hazelnut chocolatey flavor. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete