Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

Hey, remember me, the other sister (Rachel) in this blog? Sorry, time is not as abundant as I was hoping it would be, but I have managed to make some delicious cookies that I have been craving for a couple weeks now. I found a recipe for White Chocolate Cherry Chunkers cookies in one of my cookbooks, and decided to add a few things to it. I am a big pistachio fan and I love anything dipped in almond bark, so I added pistachios and then dipped them in vanilla almond bark when they were done baking and cooled. Here is what you need to make these cookies that are a mouthful to say:
Oatmeal, eggs AP flour, brown sugar, white sugar, butter, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, dried cherries, pistachios, and white chocolate chips.Begin by placing the butter and sugars in a large bowl.
 Cream until light and fluffy.
Crack in the egg and add vanilla.
Beat until blended.
Incorporate the flour, salt, soda, oats and cinnamon.
Now it is time for the good stuff. Throw in a bunch of cherries, white chocolate chips, and pistachios.
Give it a good stir.
Now, I like my cookies to be monstrausorous (spelling...is this a word?) so I measured them in a 1/4 cup measure!!
Flatten the dough balls slightly beacause they do not spread much.
Bake for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
I probably could have cooked this one longer because when I dipped it in the almond bark it did not want to stay together...or maybe that was because it is extremely large :) Let them cool and then drizzle with almond bark.
Or dip 'em.
Soooo tasty!!!
I had some left over almond bark, so I decided to make this popcorn dessert thing that I love, but don't know the name for. Here's what you need:
Pop the popcorn and place all ingredients in a bowl. Toss until thoroughly coated with almond bark.
Yummo!

White Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Chunkers

1 2/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 1/4 cups Old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 large Eggs
1 1/4 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 cup Dried cherries
3/4 cup White chocolate chips
1 cup Unsalted butter, slightly softened
1/2 cup Dark brown sugar, firmly packed
5/8 cup (or about 1/3 cup) Sugar
Vanilla Almond Bark (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2 .Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
4. Gradually add the oats, flour, salt, powder, and cinnamon and beat or stir until everything is evenly distributed.
5. Stir in pistachios, cherries, and white chocolate chips.
6. Scoop cookies in a 1/4 cup measure (or any size you would like) onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
7. While cookies are cooling, melt the almond bark as directed on the package. Once cookies are cooled completely, dip them or drizzle them in the almond bark and let set until the almond bark hardens.

Delicious Popcorn Dessert

1 bag popcorn, of your choice (I prefer buttery)
About 1/4 cup dried cherries
About a handful to 1/4 cup nuts (I used mixed and salted)
Almond bark (really it is up to you how much you use, but for a whole bag of popcorn you might want about half of the package of almond bark)

1. Pop the corn.
2. Melt the almond bark.
3. Put everything in a bowl and toss until evenly coated.
4. Let set about 30 minutes or until almond bark has completely hardened. You'll love it!

*My favorite way to make this dessert is with popcorn, m&m's, pretzels, and vanilla almond bark! The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment