Butterscotch Banana Blondies
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter an 8×8 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On medium heat, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add brown sugar and stir until bubbly and smooth.
- Take off heat and cool for about five minutes.
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a fork until there are no big chunks.
- Add egg, vanilla, and mashed banana to the pot with the butter and brown sugar mixture. Beat just until combined (being sure not to overmix).
- Stir in salt, flour, and butterscotch chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle (for us this was about 25 minutes). I prefer mine gooey so I lean more towards the 20-22 minute range, but even for me that was not long enough. In other words, it is possible that it could take up to 28 minutes until the are the desired "doneness".
- Slightly cool and eat with vanilla ice cream if you so desire!