Monday, January 3, 2011

Get to know us!

I guess I should give you a little bit more information about the two of us. My name is Rachel, and I am the Big Sister, and Casey is the Little Sister. I (Rachel) attend college at a small christian university in Arkansas, and my sister (Casey) is in high school and is homeschooled at our home in Kentucky. Our love for baking has grown over the years simply from our love for food and love to serve others.

Rachel: I can remember coming home from elementary school to the knee-weakening smell of my mom's chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven! It was love at first sniff. Throughout my elementary school years I would always try to get my best friend to bake pancakes and blueberry muffins with me when we would spend the night together. Sometimes we would even make really random concoctions...like fruit roll-up pie with sprinkles, chocolate chips, Hershey's syrup, and PopTarts (That is not my proudest baking moment). As I got older, I became the master of the chocolate chip cookie. My brother and his friends would be hanging out at our house and I would whip up a batch of Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies from memory! I thought I was big stuff then. Thankfully I have become more brave and will bake a variety of desserts these days. It is so nice being away at school and having friends to be my guinea pigs. However, right now I am at home for Christmas break, so Casey and I are baking together and our only taste testers are our mom and grandparents. We make a good team now, but we didn't always like to share the kitchen like we do these days!

Casey: Alrighty, I'm not much of a writer so you'll have to bare with me until I get the hang of this thing. Also, I am more of a short and sweet, straight to the point kind of girl so I'll be letting Rach do most of the talking/writing. I never understood Rachel's love for baking when I was little, then she convinced me to help her one day. So I put on an apron, cracked an egg and fell in love. Ever since, I spend most of my time eating, baking, cooking, looking at recipes, and finding new blogs to be obsessed with. Rach taught me everything I know with some help from food network and blogs I follow, so all my credit goes to them. I hope this blog convinces you guys to get in the kitchen and catch the contagious disease of baking, just like Rachel passed it on to me. Keep reading because I promise it will get more interesting. We would love to get any suggestions, support, or requests so you can email me at marshall.casey@insightbb.com and I'll help out any way I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment