Monday, January 10, 2011

No Rise Yeast Rolls

Do you ever want yummy homemade rolls for dinner, but by the time you think of it, you don't have time to make them and let them rise? Well I have a solution for you! About a week ago I decided last minute that we should have rolls with dinner. Looking through recipe after recipe I just decided to give up. The quickest recipe I came across was going to take me up to 3 hours. I started moaning and complaining to my mom about how I wanted rolls and we weren't going to get to have them.. yada yada. Just so she could shut me up, she searched through her recipes, pulled one out and told me a story of where she got the recipe and how she used to make it all the time. I read over the recipe and started making them right away. I made these before we made the blog so I don't have step by step pictures, but I did happen to take a couple. These are now my go to quick rolls, thanks momma!

Here's the rolls before baking
After baking
And our wonderful grandparents modeling the rolls for us
These were a big hit and personally I loved them with some/a lot of butter and honey on them :)

Here's the recipe..

Quick Yeast Rolls
1 pkg. yeast
2 cups warm water
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
4 cups self-rising flour

Dissolve the yeast in water; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix butter, sugar, and egg. Stir in the water and yeast mixture. Gradually add the flour, stirring well, but be sure not to over mix. Scoop batter into greased cupcake tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Leftover dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment